- Suomu is perfect for Mountaineering, Hiking and trekking in cold conditions. Suomu is Calf length to fit well above the boot – this sock is available in three colours for men and women
- Suomu Mountaineering socks are made with a 4-layer structure – Different layers transfer moisture out and keep feet warm - This guarantees great breathability and moisture control.
- UphillSport ’s unique multilayer structure allows the sock to be very warm, however medium in thickness – No need for more spacious shoes for cold conditions
- The foot part of the Suomu Sock has a fitted heel and seamless toe -This improves support mid-foot, and adds comfort by keeping the sock in place, wrinkle free.
- The warmth grade is 5, ideal for cold conditions - Merino is knitted as terry on the sole; this increases softness and comfort inside the boot. Merino also adds breathability
Features and benefits
- 4-Layer - Keeps feet warm and dry
- All around merino - Very warm and comfortable
- Strong Lycra on the whole shaft - Stays up well and stabilizes pressure
- Heavy thickness
- Thermal grade: 5
- Knee length
Materials: 65% Merino wool, 26% Polyamide, 8% Polypropylene, 1% Lycra
UphillSport Suomu is named after a mountain in the Arctic Circle region in Lapland. Temperatures in the Suomu area are challenging all year around. Suomu is inspired by the hard and changing conditions of mid Lapland. The temperature can vary rapidly, and effects from the wind can increase the cold feeling. The Suomu Mountaineering sock is perfect for these conditions. The multilayer structure transfers moisture away from the skin, keeping your feet warm and dry. The special combination in our multilayer with merino wool performs perfectly and adapts to the changing conditions. Merino wool holds air inside for ventilation and insulation, keeping the frost outside of the boot. Suomu sock is designed to dry fast overnight and does not absorb sweat and smell. The high wool percentage guarantees a high thermal grade and many days of activity without the need for laundry. Our Merino wool is always mulesing free and adds warmth and breathability.
The Suomu sock is ideal for Mountaineering, Hiking and trekking or snow sports in cold conditions. UphillSport Suomu socks are made with a 4-layer structure with plenty of merino wool. This provides the perfect level of warmth, moisture control, and breathability - however the sock is medium in thickness. Suomu has a level 5 thermal grade. The foot part of the Suomu Sock has a fitted heel, elastane grip on the arch and a seamless toe. This provides good support mid-foot and adds comfort by keeping the sock in place, wrinkle free. No more frostbite with Suomu socks. Merino is knitted as terry on the sole; this increases softness and comfort inside the boot all day long outside. Suomu is made to fit at calf length, to be well above the hiking boot. The shaft is knitted to stay up, even during more active movements. Materials are merino wool with Lycra. The Suomu sock is available in three colours for men and women. The Suomu sock will improve your snow sport experience, as you can really feel your feet in perfect condition. You can focus on enjoying the outdoors and snow.
All socks are suitable for a 40 degree machine wash. Tumble drying is not recommended. Socks may appear smaller after washing - it is recommended that you re-form the socks after washing for a better fit. Many socks have elastic yarns and because of this, they may seem smaller than they really are. Merino wool properties get even better after usage and washing.
UphillSport socks are made to be long-lasting, good maintenance will make them last even longer.
Made in Finland at Sukkamestarit Oy factory. Production is ISO9001:2015 certified.
All yarn materials are OEKOTEX 100 certified.